Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) Peer Consultation Group
The ACT Peer Consultation Group meets on the third Friday of each month.
Next: Friday, July 18, 2014 @ 8-9:30 am
If you have not previously attended this group but are a mental health or healthcare professional and would like to participate, please contact me first.
Coordinator: Joel Guarna and Steve Hull will moderate this meeting.
The July meeting will be held at the Pain Clinic conference room, 1st floor, Mercy Hospital (144 State Street), near the elevators and front entryway. You may park in the parking lot on Spring Street (just off State Street). You can tell the parking attendant you are here for the “conference in the Pain Clinic.” Enter Mercy Hospital through the Emergency Room entrance on Spring St. Upon entering the building follow the hallway around to the left (signs for elevators). Hall snakes around with the Pain Clinic just past the elevators. Of course, you could always ask for direction to the Pain Clinic also!
- Welcome to guests and new members, introductions.
- Brief Mindfulness Exercise. Laura Gottfried will facilitate the Mindfulness exercise
- Topic: ACBS Update. Joel and Steve and others (Leah? Julie?) will give updates on the ACBS conference in Minneapolis.
- Topic: ACBS New England Chapter affiliation. Joel will discuss the ACBS New England Chapter meeting and idea of affiliating with the regional chapter.
- Topic: (time permitting) ACT for Chronic Pain. We will revisit the topic of treating pain. Please bring cases to discuss. Also, please view Lorimer Moseley’s You Tube video ”Why Things Hurt” prior to the meeting.
- Resources: n/a
- Planning. We will spend a few minutes near the end to plan future meetings and identify someone to take the lead coordinating the next meeting.